Summer is here, and this means that many people are thinking about their summer vacation plans. Travel opportunities are opening up and it’s a great time to explore destinations and the many activities the Columbia Valley has to offer. Lake Windermere is close to many popular communities and is host to a huge selection of watersports. Beyond Lake Windermere, there is an abundance of recreational opportunities in the neighbouring Purcell, Columbia, and Rocky Mountains.
Golden, BC is a vibrant community offering a selection of restaurants, shopping, and hiking trails for all levels. Discover hiking trails at Confluence Park. Visit Kicking Horse Mountain Resort and take the gondola to access more secluded, advanced hiking trails with incredible views.
- The Island Restaurant offers a range of dishes the whole family can enjoy.
- Red Tomato Pie is a great choice if pizza is what you’re searching for, offering specialty and build-your-own pizzas.
- Double Black is great for grabbing a quick bite to eat or a delicious hand-crafted beverage.
Windermere is more than just a ski-town, in the summer months, you’ll find world-class trout fishing, several golf courses and even windsurfing!
- Windermere Valley Golf Course Offers golfers a quicker round of golf, in a refreshingly beautiful setting.
- Copper Point Golf Club in Invermere offers two courses, Copper Point and The Ridge. Copper Point offers a unique experience with each hole offering its own personality. The Ridge is a Master's style course with full-length par 3 and par 4 holes.
- Eagle Ranch Golf Course offers an 18-hole golf course situated atop bluffs overlooking the Columbia River
The friendly Village of Radium Hot Springs offers visitors a chance to disconnect from the big city and slow down to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the surrounding wilderness. In addition to the well-known hot springs, you’ll find ziplining, white water rafting, and segway tours, to name a few of the many activities in the area!
White water rafting adventures are available through the Kootenay River Runners.
Take an off-road segway tour to explore Kootenay National Park with Scootin’ Kootenays.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, once you get here you’ll be sure to discover even more experiences than we have space to share with you!
Already know that you love the area? Thinking about investing in your own vacation property or making the Columbia Valley home? Contact C21 Rockies Realty today to get started!Posted by Scott Sauermann on